Roke deliver advanced research, development services and products Roke is a vendor-neutral supplier picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities.
Following a recent review of this requirement we have added a new "must have" list of attributes / knowledge / experience below:
- Enhanced DV
- Proven National Security experience
- Apply new and modern agile techniques
- Technically curious and keen to understand “the detail”
- Technical scientific background is preferred or strong research / innovative technical background.
- Managing multiple projects that range from £50K (Hard core research) to multimillion developments.
- Technically apt to ask engineers probing questions to make sure projects stay on track
What will your role look like?
- Working as part of a wider delivery management community to deliver your projects to time, cost and quality.
- You will work closely with highly skilled and respected Roke engineers, adapting your leadership to suit the team and the project.
- You will be responsible for supporting business rhythms through project level forecasts to communicate future performance.
- Working with the National Security Account Teams to assist with Business Winning.
- Building and maintaining good customer relationships to enable long-term business growth.
- Enabling your project teams by working closely with business enabling services for resourcing, IT & facilities.
- Enhancing the National Security delivery business by actively supporting its delivery portfolios and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Allow the business to track progress and provide guidance by engaging business assurance stakeholders.
What do we expect from you?
- Good project management experience demonstrating the above responsibilities and tasks in a comparable business.
- Experience in the delivery of software related projects. This should include managing of engineering teams developing software and hardware solutions that go beyond supply and fit.
- Experience delivering to technically adept customers, ideally including exposure to government departments / National Security domain.
- Be confident in the shaping and delivery of work using milestone-based planning and control or agile approaches.
- Experience of working in the development of solutions for cybersecurity, business intelligence, communications or information security.
- APMP and/or PRINCE2 qualifications are desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to travel nationally (with some potential travel internationally)
- Current DV clearance
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, current DV clearance is essential. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.