Can you influence and architect the future? If so, read on...
The Law Enforcement sector is at an exciting cross-roads, where changing user expectations and enabling technology advancements are driving transformation at an unprecedented scale. As a leader in business and technical transformation, we are at the forefront of shaping and delivering these changes to help our clients embrace the ever changing world.
Roke believes in improving the world through innovation. We do it by bringing the physical and digital together in ways that revolutionise industries. That’s why we’ve fostered an environment where some of the world’s finest minds have the freedom, support and trust to succeed. Roke is a team of curious and deeply technical consultants and engineers dedicated to safely unlocking the economic and societal potential of connected real-world assets.
Our 60-year heritage and deep knowledge in sensors, communications, cyber and Artificial Intelligence means our people are uniquely placed to combine and apply these technologies in ways that keep people safe whilst unlocking value. For our customers, we’re a trusted partner that welcomes any problem, confident that our consulting, research, innovation and product development will help them revolutionise and improve their world. If you’re interested in bringing the physical and digital worlds together, we’d love to talk.
Why Consulting? “Business Unusual”
We help to achieve a safe and secure world by supporting the Home Office and our Law Enforcement clients through innovation and by shaping and delivering their most complex business transformations.
- Provide outstanding work with unrivalled Intelligent Insight
- Work in partnership with our clients to deliver the most valued products and services
- We combine highly creative and strategic thinking with excellent commercial and technical skills to form powerful teams. Roke Consultancy delivers Strategic Advice, Analysis and Architecture in the areas of:
- Customer insight, future trends and business case development
- R&D and innovation process analysis and organisational improvement
- Technology visioning, strategy development and solution implementation
- Concept generation and innovation management
What will your role look like?
We are looking for an experienced Lead Transformation Architect with a proven track record in leading business and technical design and delivery by leveraging cutting edge technologies and proven agile ways of working. You will be involved in all aspects of the Consultancy lifecycle i.e. Win, Deliver and Develop. This role is required to support our National Security, Commercial and Defence clients.
As the Lead Architect you will be responsible for growing our client relationships, winning work, delivery and continuing to expand our world-class consultancy architecture skills and capabilities. You will be involved in some of the most cutting edge and complex technology programmes within one or more of our client-side teams. This role will expand your abilities by working alongside our wealth of world leading specialists in data analytics, cyber and secure communications, from rapidly prototyped research right through to high grade enterprise systems. Many of our projects are highly creative, so we are looking for individuals who want to work with the best, have the ability to think around, propose and implement solutions to some of the most difficult problems.
What do we need from you?
- Manage risks and issues related to architecture by leading other team members to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule
- Understand the client’s strategy and develop an end-state architecture that meets the desired needs. Work with key stakeholders to agree the end-state architecture and develop a roadmap to achieve the end-state
- Aligning Technological Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and Risk Mitigation approaches
- Develop a view of various architecture domains covering applications, information, security and infrastructure working with other specialists
- Socialise the architecture artefacts and work closely with the design and delivery teams to help them understand the architecture and guide them through the delivery lifecycle.
- Participate in various governance forums to get approval for the architecture artefacts and also present possible options to resolve any ongoing architecture challenges
- Provide technical leadership to development teams through application development and regular design sessions and other quality assurance activities
- Support the internal development of Roke Consulting’s Architecture capability by building a team of specialist architects through training, recruitment and capability development.
- Support account and project managers in wining new work and delivering quality team work to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven track-record in winning and delivering business and technical consultancy projects within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
- Excellent Architecture and Design experience of enterprise applications using current and upcoming languages and open-source technology frameworks.
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF), Architecture Modelling Languages (e.g. Archimate, UML, BPMN) and experience using of one or more CASE tools (e.g. MooD, Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody etc.)
- Experience in delivering cloud-native applications e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP
- Hands-on experience of using modern architecture patterns and familiarity with the development and delivery of architectures in both Service and System-Oriented Environment (and ability to communicate both)
- Experience collaborating to develop and select appropriate design patterns in accordance with relevant overarching design and Government policy constraints
- Experience in the delivery of architecture throughout all phases of the technology change lifecycle, including design, implementation assurance and solution conformance testing, as part of multi-disciplinary teams
- You enjoy growing your skills and those of your team and you regularly learn about new technologies. Most importantly, you judge your achievements by the success and happiness of your team and its customers
- As an effective communicator you will have experience consulting or teaching and enjoy mentoring junior developers
- You will need to communicate to a high standard and work effectively in multi-skilled teams, so good written and verbal communication skills are fundamental.
What we can offer you?
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits including amongst others childcare vouchers, flexi-leave (up to 8 days per year), travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.