Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
We have a vacancy within the systems engineering team at Romsey who specialise in the development of Electronic Warfare products, and require an enthusiastic and highly competent Mechanical Engineer to join our team. You will be working on new product development, and helping support our existing product range.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
The roles purpose will be to:
- Establish Design concepts and present ideas to the team
- Driving efficient and innovative use of CAD systems
- Preparation and management of design schemes, manufacturing drawings and raising the associated documents
- Liaison with other business functions such as supply chain, operations, (manufacturing), product management, business development etc.
- Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
- Establishing Design concepts and presentation of ideas to the team
- Ensuring that all drawings and associated documentation meet specified requirements and all relevant standards
- Checking the accuracy of drawings, calculations and documents
- CAD file management (file nomenclature and directory management)
- Maintenance of Design Records & Configuration Management
- Implementing Engineering Change Control
- Always fully comply with Roke’s policies and procedures
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
Why We Want You
You will have obtained a degree / HND / HNC level qualification in Mechanical Systems Design or have experience equivalent to this. We are also looking for a section of the below:
- Background in Defence / Aerospace / Automotive domains or similar
- Knowledge of 3D design & analysis tools (Solid-Edge, IDEAS, Creo, Inventor, etc.)
- Experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer (or similar)
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- An Eye for Details, Self-Confident, Problem Solving, Decision Making.
- Familiar with application of defence standards (DEF-STAN / MIL-STD / AECTP)
- Experience with Solid Edge
- Understanding of common processes for documenting & testing products
- Working Knowledge / experience in thermal modelling
- Working Knowledge / experience in Finite Element Analysis modelling
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.