Roke is a world-class technology and engineering company delivering products, research, engineering, consultancy and service management directly to customers across the globe. Target markets include Defence, National Security and Industry.
Continuing to delight our customers is essential, and so the maintenance of very high-levels of delivery confidence and performance is a critical business function. Likewise, Roke has a direct responsibility to deliver consistently high-levels of financial performance into its parent organisation, Chemring. Fully understanding the governing contracts and delivering them confidently and robustly underpins this mission.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
As Head of Service you will be directly responsible for leading and directing the balance between the needs of the customer and delivering strong financial performance for the Business Unit (BU). You will achieve this by working closely with BU Delivery Leadership, Client Management, Business Operations, Project Management Office and other Delivery Management Teams.
- To provide strong and visible leadership to Service Delivery Teams; this responsibility includes building and transforming teams; it also includes creating and embedding a strong leadership culture
- Working with Client Management and Heads of Delivery to build-up and deliver consistently accurate and trusted forecasts
- Taking overall responsibility for ensuring efficient and effective controls are in place which deliver consistently high-levels of service delivery performance
- Taking overall responsibility for assuring accurate reporting against Service Delivery KPIs; this includes clear and timely escalation where appropriate
- Taking overall responsibility for the identification, prioritisation and active management of risks/issues, assumptions and dependencies relating to safety, people, revenue, enablement, schedule, cost, quality and reputation
- Maintaining a consistently high-level of delivery confidence across all services – visible to customers and visible within the Roke organisation, quickly identifying and mitigating all significant delivery risks and issues and minimising impact
- Providing consistently accurate financial forecasting for all projects – with particular focus on revenue forecasting accuracy (monthly/quarterly/annually); forecasting must include a clear narrative of associated risks and opportunities
- Planning for the needs of the BU (for people, space, IT and Infrastructure, Security, MI and Tooling) in order to have accurate representation within the Integrated Business Planning Process
- Risks and issues are to be prioritised and escalated based on impact (e.g. impacting safety or revenue)
- Continually identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase project profitability/margin
- Continually improving the BU’s delivery performance focussing on efficiency and effectiveness, actively managing an up-to-date, prioritised backlog of improvements
- Actively embedding and enforcing compliance with Roke’s Delivery Assurance Policy
- Always fully complying with Roke’s published policies and procedures
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications:
- BA/BSc Hons
- Appropriate ITIL Qualifications
- Appropriate P3M qualifications (P3O, APM, MoP, MSP, Prince2) - Desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a customer facing organisation – successfully working at project, programme, and portfolio levels
- Experienced in initiating and successfully leading business transformation programmes
- Experienced in risk management
- Information and Data Management experience preferred
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.