Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
Roke will provide a new support capability to support SMPS with governance from existing support infrastructure. During SMPS project delivery phase the support team will be embedded within the existing team. The blended team will include the roles of 2nd line engineer, 3rd line development engineer and service management. Utilisation of the SMPS reference environment in Romsey to support testing of upgrades / fault investigation / fixes.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
The role purpose is to provide preventative maintenance, incident triage and resolution, service request handling and configuration Changes to name a few. This list also extends but not limited to:
- Continual service improvement.
- Install software releases/ Security updates
- Operating system security patching.
- Support availability, capacity demand management.
- Information security management.
- Service asset configuration management.
- Service validation and testing.
- Conduct equipment installations.
Taking this into account, the key responsibilities are but not limited too:
- 2nd line fix / maintenance
- Investigate incidents and resolve where a second line solution exists.
- Tech support to user community
- In feed supplier liaison
- SM9 queue triage and ticket management with component supplier through to conclusion
- Update tickets and inform help desk of progress.
- Provide knowledge base updates to service desk/customers for escalated tickets.
- Always fully comply with Roke’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business.
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications
- HND in a science or engineering subject or equivalent industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Java web application and associated tools and technologies
- Previous IT service or support experience desirable.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role desirable.
Personal Attributes, Values and Competencies
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current Enhanced DV Clearance or at least be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.