We are offering you the chance to be part of something amazing. We use innovation, partnerships, and our 60 years of experience to offer our clients exceptional advice, research and development. Every day, our people use their passion, skills and intelligence to make the world a safer place. Why not join us?
What will your role look like?
Our work in data analytics and engineering encompasses many types of data and spans a wide range of customer requirements. We use a variety of software, picking the best approach to suit each problem. You might exploit open-source technologies to solve big data challenges, or you may develop bespoke tools to analyse streaming data in real-time, or you could specialise in data visualisation techniques.
Early career professionals at Roke get the opportunity to apply themselves across a broad range of projects. Roke’s teams carefully choose the most effective tools for each undertaking and as such we are always learning new tools, frameworks, approaches and sometimes languages. We build teams that can adapt to solve our customers’ evolving challenges and rarely solve the same problem twice.
Roke will provide you with opportunities to expand your skills in areas such as:
- Utilising the latest high-performance computer technologies to process, store and analyse large and complex data sets to extract business value and insight for our clients. Processing and analysis of data using multiple languages such as Python, Java, Go, C++, and R
- Cloud services using providers such as AWS and Azure
- Architecture design, DataOps principles, and DevOps tools for creating repeatable, large-scale, data-driven infrastructure
- Generate compelling visualisations and dashboards from the results of data analysis
- Techniques and toolkits for acquiring and fusing data
- Techniques and toolkits for analysing data streams in real time ranging from high performance low level programming (in languages such as C/C++) to development of applications on streams frameworks
What does our Development Programme look like?
At Roke we recruit some of the best talent the country has to offer. We provide the building blocks necessary for successful integration into the business, as well as the ongoing support to enable our community to fulfil their undoubted potential. That’s why we’ve created a programme that will accelerate individual learning and development while delivering real business value by giving you the time, trust and freedom to take control of your career. This emphasis on experiential learning is supported through initiatives including:
- A mixture of technical and soft skill training in order to provide you with the skills you need to thrive
- Regular access to senior leaders
- Opportunities to attend external exhibitions/conferences in order to broaden industry knowledge
We have a wide range of opportunities in this area so your role will vary depending on your existing experience, our customer needs and your aspirations.
What do we expect from you?
Roke is ultimately looking for staff who are enthusiastic about solving data science problems. An honours degree in a relevant subject is one way of demonstrating this. We have a wide range of opportunities in this area so your role will vary depending on your existing experience, our customer needs and your aspirations.
- A demonstrable passion for data analytics, data wrangling, or data visualisation
- An ability to quickly pick up new tools, frameworks, and languages
- An ability to analyse problems and communicate comprehensive solutions
- An ability to develop new solutions where no pre-existing solution fits
- A willingness and capability to work as part of a team
- What additional skills would be useful?
- A familiarity with Linux
- An awareness and experience of working with open source software
- Understanding and interest in statistical methods
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's sites in either Romsey or Gloucester, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with one of our prestigious customers.
The benefits of working for us include:
- A highly competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits.
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme.
- 25 days annual leave, which can be supplemented up to a further 8 days by Roke’s flexi-leave scheme.
- A generous relocation allowance to help you settle into the local area and your new role.
- Onsite tennis courts, gym (Romsey only) including showers & changing facilities, and fishing rights on the River Test.
- Numerous company events throughout the year, including a summer music festival, bonfire night fireworks and Christmas party.
- Employee led clubs covering numerous sports (including football, climbing, sailing, etc.), cyber security, data science, robotics, gaming, and more.
Diversity and Inclusion
Roke relies on strength that comes from the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our staff. We all have a responsibility to create an environment where we have the freedom, support and trust to succeed– where we are encouraged to bring our whole self to work. Diversity and Inclusion makes life at Roke enjoyable, as you find yourself integrated in teams made up of a variety of people with ranging backgrounds and experiences. This enables you to interact and connect with individuals, and gather differing perspectives and knowledge that broadens your horizons as a graduate.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and/or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.