Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke is recruiting Systems Engineers with a Cyber security background who are driven by solving varied and interesting client problems. The successful candidates will be working alongside Roke’s high profile clients to help them engineer bespoke highly-secure yet agile systems cyber security solutions within complex environments with the aim of protecting information and systems from the cyber threat.
Roke is a respected world-class technology provider with a strong set of existing clients in the UK public sector. Whether you are an experienced or developing security architect looking for the next step in your career this is an opportunity to use your Cyber Security and technology background to assist our clients in creating architectures and assuring complex high assurance systems which deliver step changes in national capability.
Your role may include:
- Architecture design and assurance for complex systems that are highly resilient to cyber threats;
- Architecture modelling and oversight of technical design studies;
- Investigating how emerging technologies can be utilised to increase both agility and security;
- Frequent engagement with technical and non-technical stakeholders; and
- Writing technical material for competitive bids, however this is not a pre-sales role.
Why We Want You
You’ll have a background in information technology engineering, ideally networking, software, or hardware. In addition you should:
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully delivering solutions in complex systems environments
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills;
- Have the ability to understand, adapt and architect complex systems; and
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
Additional knowledge or experience that are desirable, include:
- Any background in cryptographic systems and/or key management;
- Any experience of high assurance systems involving cross domain solutions;
- Any defence or national security domain knowledge, including any background in UK defence Information Assurance systems and processes;
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to executives.
- This is a client facing role and we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. This role is expected to involve a mix of working at Roke sites (Romsey or Gloucester) and client locations (South England and London).
The ideal candidate will be either degree qualified in a relevant subject or have equivalent relevant engineering or scientific experience.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.