We are offering you the chance to be part of something amazing. We use innovation, partnerships, and our 60 years of experience to offer our clients exceptional advice, research and development. Every day, our people use their passion, skills and intelligence to make the world a safer place. Why not join us?
Why join Roke?
We believe in improving the world through innovation and original research and development. We create technologies and products that solve practical problems for our customers, save lives and make the world safer and more secure for millions.
We transform businesses and organisations across all sectors by bringing the physical and digital worlds together. Applying our experience and expertise in sensors, communications, cyber-security and AI, we can help you save time and money, improve efficiency, boost profitability and gain a genuine advantage in your specific operational sphere.
We’ve fostered an environment where some of the finest minds have the support to succeed. From graduates to experienced engineers, our team of experts learn from and work with the industry’s best.Together we immerse ourselves in cutting-edge technologies, working alongside curious and unashamedly technical experts to solve real-world challenges.
Due to exciting growth plans, we are on the lookout for the best talent to join our Defence, National Security, Public Sector and Industry Business Units for autumn 2021. If you are passionate about technology, innovation and are hungry to learn, then we want to hear from you.
What you role will look like?
This opportunity will provide you with a fantastic start to your career. You will gain highly valued skills, benefit from excellent training and work on cutting-edge projects, all within a successful and dynamic company. Even better, as this is an Apprenticeship, you’ll be able to benefit from all of this without the cost of attending university as your studies will be funded through our apprenticeship levy.
Whilst you’re on the apprenticeship, you will study for a Level 6 degree in Digital and Technology Solutions at the University of Winchester. If you wish to join our consultancy business unit you will study Digital and Technology Solutions with Business Analysis (both degrees are equivalent to a BSc Honours). These degrees will encompass areas of sensor data analytics, network infrastructures, modern cyber threats, software development and the use of analytical tools. These are highly specialised subjects which are continually evolving and in high demand in today’s technology-driven industries. Outside of studying, you’ll have a unique opportunity to apply your new knowledge and gain invaluable experience working on new technologies alongside some of the UKs brightest minds.
You will attend university one day a week and the other 4 days you will be on site applying what you’ve learnt at university straight into practice.
What would we like from you?
• A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
• 3 A-Levels or equivalent, two of which should be in a Maths or Science-based subject
• A demonstrable passion for technology and problem-solving
• You should also meet our requirements to achieve security clearance*
What else would we like?
• A demonstrable passion for software development and/or electronics engineering
• Previous work experience in an office environment
• A willingness to travel
Where will you be based?
Your work will typically be located at Roke's sites in either Romsey or Gloucester, with some travel to customer sites and the possibility for you to work on secondment with one of our prestigious customers.
The benefits of working for us include:
• A highly competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits.
• A substantial performance related bonus scheme.
• 25 days annual leave, which can be supplemented up to a further 8 days by Roke’s flexi-leave scheme.
• A generous relocation allowance to help you settle into the local area and your new role.
• Onsite tennis courts, gym (Romsey only) including showers & changing facilities, and fishing rights on the River Test.
• Numerous company events throughout the year, including a summer music festival, bonfire night fireworks and Christmas party.
• Employee led clubs covering numerous sports (including football, climbing, sailing, etc.), cyber security, data science, robotics, gaming, and more.
Diversity and Inclusion
Roke relies on strength that comes from the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our staff. We all have a responsibility to create an environment where we have the freedom, support and trust to succeed– where we are encouraged to bring our whole self to work. Diversity and Inclusion makes life at Roke enjoyable, as you find yourself integrated in teams made up of a variety of people with ranging backgrounds and experiences. This enables you to interact and connect with individuals, and gather differing perspectives and knowledge that broadens your horizons as a graduate.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and/or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.