Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
The role of Client Manager involves being a senior representative of Roke and trusted advisor to our Clients, broadening and deepening our client relationships, whilst in parallel maintaining and developing new lines of business based upon our strategy and expertise.
- To be seen by the client as a trusted advisor and a senior representative of Roke, able to direct resource, resolve problems, exploit opportunities and further the clients’ interests and success within a designated Field of Play.
- To work closely with client stakeholders to shape their understanding of technical cutting edge, and influence their appreciation of Roke’s capability as a competent leader in that technology
- Be the primary relationship owner into the client, responsible for an assigned Field of Play, acting as the ‘voice of the customer’ and ensure that good customer satisfaction is maintained and lead areas for improvement
- To provide leadership to the extended Sales team; working with the Senior Client Manager to embed a strong leadership culture across Solution Architects, Bid Teams and Campaign Managers
- Working with the Senior Client Manager, delivery leadership and other critical functions to drive revenue and profit aligned to the Budget, Business Unit (BU) strategy, Account plans and Campaign plans
- Build a healthy pipeline of work to deliver the BU’s Order Intake target and a strong Order Book
- Client stakeholder management coordinating across sales and other Roke teams within designated Fields of Play
- Proactive Business development from ideation to order closure including responsible management of labour budgets
- Bid sponsorship, strategy, direction and guidance
- Pipeline management within designated Field of Play, with contributions to forecasting as necessary
- Campaign direction and management, including responsible usage of marketing resources, events, white papers, innovation and associated non-labour budget; as agreed with the Senior Client Manager
- Product Sponsorship aligned to the Product Policy, acting as the ‘voice of the customer’, working with the Project (Product) Manager and Technical Lead
- Actively manage Risks and Opportunities that impact or influence Roke, the BU or Campaign Area
- Be an active participant within the designated Sales Team, supporting the Senior Client Manager with related tasks and transformation activities; and being a visible leader within the Account Area.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
- Managing People Leads an extended Sales Team and acts as a role model within the BU
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Business Winning knowledge – Essential
- Technically ‘curious’ and a strong desire to solve difficult problems - Essential
- Good interpersonal skills – Essential
- Experience of working with “Business Winning” Teams - Essential
- Understanding of the National Security and Public Sector agendas – Desirable
- Experience of Roke “Business Winning” activities and processes – Desirable
- Appreciation of Commercial processes - Desirable
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and Enhanced DV. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.