Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Public Sector and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly system engineer new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
This is a customer-facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a technical lead to our clients.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- System Engineering Definition & Analysis (Essential)
- Technical Stakeholder Engagement and Management (Essential)Requirements Elicitation and Analysis (Essential)
- Specification of Technical Solutions (Essential)
- Identification, mitigation planning and management of Engineering Risks (Essential)
- Systems Analysis & Operational Analysis (Desirable)
- Design and Delivery Assurance (Desirable)
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge in the Space Sector in areas such as Communications systems, Satcom development, bespoke payload development (Comms, SigInt, Radar, Optical and Global Navigation Satellite Systems) and hardware support.
- Ability to develop system models to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification and validation activities throughout the customers life cycle phases and TRL maturity.
- Ability to adapt your system design skills to switch focus between specific areas of business challenge or opportunity, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including (but not limited to) applications, middleware, cloud computing, search, machine automation, and analytics;
- Understand & interpret business or technical requirements and translate these into defined system models;
- Produce system designs from concept through to high-level design, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to create influence (Essential)
- Ability to build constructive relationships with clients, including adapting to their culture and ways of working
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver concise technical information and to apply appropriate data visualisation techniques
- Specific Domain knowledge around Enabling, Integrity and Resilience of Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) solutions including user equipment, aspects of signal processing and fused PNT solutions.
- Experience in GNSS related projects in either space segment, ground segment or user segment. Experience gained working on Galileo at system level is highly desirable.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Space Mission analysis using tools such as STK, Performance budget analysis for satellite systems, RAMS analysis for space systems, RF payload analysis including link budget analysis
- Experience within one other of Industry domains, Aerospace, Road, Rail, Medical or High Value Manufacture (HVM).
- Ability to support the customer’s investment decision-making process in the context of implementing wider investment portfolio
- Ability to work with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop solution options to meet challenging requirements as part of a design team
- Requirements Engineering including Analysis and Management through life, including use of tools such as DOORS
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle phases and ability to plan for integration, test and acceptance
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current SC Clearance or at least be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC.
For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels