Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
As the lead of the Security team, your day will be diverse, involved, as well as rewarding. You will become part of our Engineering Leadership team, working with Security SME’s, Technical Project Manager and the Lead Solution Architect to establish Security first principles in the Initial Security Architecture for our Defence business unit.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Activities performed in completing the role:
- Accountable and Responsible for the High level Security Architect and design documents for various projects
- You will also work with the Technical Project Managers and the Lead Solution Architect to create the various security architecture; vision, approach and plan
- Coordinate Information Security Risk Management activity to support design and accreditation
- Lead the entire Security Function for a large Defence project.
- Develop Security Architectural diagrams
- Obtain cross functional engagement and agreement on designs resulting in collaborative development of security designs
- Engage and direct suppliers in relation to security design
- Attending daily/weekly briefs with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Project Manage security activity and deliverables
- Manage the oversight of projet Security Risks.
- Creation of MODAF or NAF views as part of a Solution Security Architecture
Why We Want You
The role requires a wide range of experience gathered over many years. This includes but are not limited to experience of:
- Delivering cross cutting Engineering; Security Architectures.
- Operating within Defence Digital Security Environment.
- Enterprise and Service Approach to Security Architecting.
- Experience and Knowledge of the MOD Acquisition System Operating Model.
The role also requires knowledge of:
- Defence CIS, Land Tactical CIS, pan-Government and NATO CIS services.
- MOD JSP 604.
- MOD Equipment’s currently in service and to be released into service within next 5 years.
- MOD CyD&R Accreditation.
- Knowledge and experience of EA Sparks and Archimate® certified – visual notation language standard.
- Knowledge and experience of TOGAF® certified – enterprise architecture standard.
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL – service orientated architecture approach.
Other skills required:
- Architectural problem management, able to consider all relevant information and apply appropriate rigor to ensure a full solution is designed and achieves the business outcome.
- Written and verbal Communicator, able to understand and apply security concepts to a technical level including communication of security risk implications across technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Skilled in specific security technology used by Defence with the ability to understand and articulate the impact of associated vulnerabilities on existing and future designs and systems.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of Enhanced DV clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.