Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Reporting to the Head of Marcomms and Engagement and working within a small and fast paced team, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketer to help us shape our marketing strategy to achieve ambitious growth plans.
You will take responsibility for the creation and delivery of marketing plans across all areas of our business, developing our brand equity and ensuring that our products and services are communicated to new and existing target users.
As a strategic thinker with a clear customer focus, you will possess the ability to identify opportunities, and understand business and customer demands. You will manage campaign and event delivery, setting clear Key Performance Indicators, agreed with stakeholders that measure how effectively these objectives have been met, and the value these campaigns bring to the business.
You will also provide sound consultancy on marketing strategy and execution across the business, ensuring all messaging supports, and is aligned to, the business strategy and brand reputation. As a senior member of the team, you will advise and support colleagues in the team to deliver impactful marketing delivered through owned, paid and shared channels.
Why We Want You
This role will benefit from the below skills and experience:
- An influential strategist who can drive campaign implementation
- Experience in designing, leading and implementing marketing campaigns in a B2B role, and ideally in the technology sector.
- Strong commercial acumen and customer-insight focused approach to developing marketing plans.
- You have experience launching new business products or digital services and possess an analytical and data driven attitude to ROI and reporting.
- Working with colleagues in the marketing team you will enjoy collaborating with engineers, analysts, sales and campaign leads, compliance, legal and security colleagues to understand and support growing customer base in different business units.
- You also love a good challenge, thrive with autonomy and enjoy working in a complex and technical industry. You are likely to have experience leading and managing a team, and can demonstrate an ability to get the best performance out of your team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and CIM Diploma / Postgraduate Diploma
- Experience and success in the creation of marketing campaigns, ideally in the technology sector
- Knowledge and experience of working Defence, National Security, High value manufacturing or Health care sectors
- Content marketing knowledge and experience
- End-to-end event design and delivery experience
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC Clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.