Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
We work directly with our clients to help achieve a safe and secure world by supporting the Public Sector and Law Enforcement sectors. Public Sector is built on the three pillars of Technology, Innovation and Excellence. We are different to other companies because we focus on the “Business Unusual” and are unashamedly technically curious. Our world class innovation & technologic heritage and advanced intelligent insight enables our Consultants to deliver strategic advice, analysis, architecture and engineering capabilities to shape and deliver the most technically and business complex problems.
The ability to produce and implement robust technical solutions for our customers is of primary importance for the business. Understanding the customer’s organisational strategy, in addition to business architecture and technology roadmaps, are vital in helping us achieve that.
Primary Job Purpose
The Business Architect will create professional relationships with senior managers of the enterprise to understand and interpret the organisational context, business model, business strategy and deduce high-level requirements to identify the impacted elements and develop a useful model of the new or changed capabilities needed for realising the business strategy.
As a Design Authority, the Business Architect continually validates, refines, updates and expands the business-oriented elements of the conceptual model to provide a Blueprint showing the dependencies between the changes in process, people, data and technologies delivered by the Programme and how they are traceable to the business strategy and customer and stakeholder requirements.
Focusing not just on short-term gains, the Business Architect will be an advocate for the organisation capable of working with our clients to deliver results through all phases of the transformation lifecycle, establishing improvement initiatives that deliver exceptional value.
- Work closely with the Senior Client Manager, Head of Delivery and Lead Architect to understand and influence the customer’s business requirements in support of “Win new Business” activities and ongoing contracts.
- Assist in winning new work and catalysing our journey to prime.
- Supporting the Lead Architect to identify suitably qualified resources to enable delivery.
- Provide knowledgeable input into relevant Campaign Plans.
- Work with the BU Delivery team to ensure that business transformation solutions are handed over to a suitably qualified resource on contract award.
- Successfully and rapidly integrate with client and Roke teams, making recommendations for business improvement.
- Understand the client’s strategy and capability maturity to develop an end-state business architecture that meets the desired needs. Work with key stakeholders to agree the end-state business architecture and develop roadmaps and value proposition to achieve the end-state.
- Aligning Transformational Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and Risk Mitigation approaches.
- Develop a model-based view of various architecture domains covering people, processes and information working with other specialists.
- Socialise the architecture artefacts and work closely with the design and delivery teams to help them understand the architecture and guide them through the delivery lifecycle.
- Participate in various governance forums to get approval for the architecture artefacts and also present possible options to resolve any ongoing architecture challenges
- Provide support to development teams through business process reengineering and transformation and regular design sessions and other quality assurance activities
- Support the internal development of the BU Architecture capability.
- Support account and project managers in wining new work and delivering quality team work to clients.
- Manage risks and issues related to business architecture to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven track-record in delivering business and technical consultancy outcomes within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
- A results-focussed, operationally disciplined mind-set with the ability to manage resources and time effectively to deliver at pace.
- Excellent Architecture and Design experience in enterprise environments using current and upcoming languages and open-source frameworks.
- Hands-on experience of developing Target Operating Models, Transformation Roadmaps, Conceptual and Programme Blueprints.
- Hands-on experience of using modern business and EA patterns and familiarity with the development and delivery of architectures in both Service and System-Oriented Environment (and ability to communicate both)
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF), Architecture Modelling Languages (e.g. Archimate, UML, BPMN) and experience using of one or more CASE tools (e.g. MooD, Enterprise Architect, ARIS, MEGA, Rhapsody, BizzDesign etc.)
Highly desirable are qualifications in one or more of the following:
- BCS Professional Certificate in Business Architecture
- Business Architecture Guild Certified Business Architect
d International Diploma in Business Analysis
- The Open Group TOGAF 9.2 Certification
- ArchiMate 3.0 Certification
- BCS Advance
What we can offer you?
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits including amongst others childcare vouchers, flexi-leave (up to 8 days per year), travel insurance and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.