Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
We work directly with our clients to help achieve a safe and secure world by supporting the Public Sector and Law Enforcement sectors.
Public Sector is built on the three pillars of Technology, Innovation and Excellence. We are different to other companies because we focus on the “Business Unusual” and are unashamedly technically curious. Our world class innovation & technologic heritage and advanced intelligent insight enables our Consultants to deliver strategic advice, analysis, architecture and engineering capabilities to shape and deliver the most technically and business complex problems.
The ability to produce and implement robust analysis to support solutions for our customers is of primary importance for the business. Understanding the customer’s organisational strategy, in addition to business analysis and client roadmaps, are vital in helping us achieve that.
As a Technical Consultant you will play a crucial role in the discovery of Business requirements, Development of the Public Sector Technical solutions and in supporting the winning of opportunities.
Technical Consultants will be expected to possess a sound level of domain knowledge, or one or more technical specialisms with demonstrable ability to co-ordinate small teams.
Technical Consultants should be able to demonstrate recent knowledge of one or more of the following technical specialisms:
- Data Science or Data Engineering
- Cloud design/delivery experience
- Machine Learning/ AI
- Technical and systems solution architectures
The role will also include
As a Technical Consultant, you’ll be comfortable working alongside Engineers but equally capable of clearly articulating complex technical concepts in an easily understood manner to non-technical colleagues
You’ll work with stakeholders at multiple levels to determine the contribution that business and IT improvements can make to achieving business objectives and, or delivering strategic technical capability; agreeing and prioritising business requirements, conducting Technical Options Appraisals and assisting in the definition and implementation of holistic solutions
- As a Technical Consultant, you will assist seniors throughout the systems lifecycle, ensuring that solutions are aligned with the strategy and enterprise architecture
- Aligning Technological Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and approaches to managing dependencies and mitigation of risk
- Provide technical assistance to development teams, from assisting with development, conducting code-reviews to promoting technical best practice where appropriate. Including participation in regular design sessions and other quality assurance activities
- Support the internal development of Roke Consulting’s consulting capability by building a team of specialist technologists and business analysts through training, recruitment and capability development.
- Support account and project managers in winning new work and delivering quality and assured deliverables work to clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering business and technical consultancy projects ideally within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
- Experience in delivering Technical input to all stages of the Systems Lifecycle
- Able to integrate and successfully work within multi-disciplinary teams both onsite and offsite in client facing engagement
- Experience of acting as the bridge between business, technical and non-technical teams
- Experience of defining and implementing technical aspects of client strategies
What we can offer you?
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits including flexi-leave (up to 8 days per year), travel insurance and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.