Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
As Bid Manager you will directly contribute to the success of the Roke strategy by leading bid teams to achieve sustained, high-levels of performance across the four Roke Business Units. The role holder provides bid and proposal management to business winning teams and support to account and capture managers in developing major business winning campaign strategies and plans. The role of the Bid Manager is to deliver high quality, winning bids, and to support the team of account managers in developing win strategies and capture plans.
- To provide effective leadership of multi-disciplinary bid teams.
- To provide bid management plans, schedules and bid budget applications and to effectively and efficiently manage bids to cost, quality and time.
- To provide senior leaders with high levels of confidence in the quality of bids both during bid preparation and at internal approval gate reviews.
- To prepare proposals and portal based tender responses.
- To communicate effectively will all stakeholders.
- To develop and implement continuous improvement activities
- To prepare accurate and deliverable bid plans and costs, working with the central operations team and the account manager to resource bid teams.
- To effectively mobilise and lead bid teams, communicating the bid process, schedule, team roles and responsibilities.
- Leading and contributing to proposals and portal based tender responses, including fast turnaround bids within existing framework contracts. Write proposal documents in a customer focused manner, emphasising win themes and unique selling points.
- Conducting assurance reviews of bid materials, preparing and presenting bids for internal bid approvals by senior leaders and in line with the Roke bid process.
- Providing expertise to develop win strategies including leading and facilitating black hat reviews, price to win analysis and win theme development.
- Communicating effectively will all stakeholders including customers, members of the senior leadership team, bid and account teams, heads of engineering, transversal departments, suppliers and partners.
- Assessing bid team performance and identifying learning points to develop and implement continuous improvement activities.
- Maintaining a central repository (knowledge base) of bid artefacts including case studies and proposal templates.
- Bid Management
- Demonstrable experience in leading multi-disciplined teams.
- Ability to produce reports, written documentation and proposals to a high standard.
- Project planning, risk and opportunity management.
- Facilitation of business winning colour reviews – Blue Team, Black Hat, Pink Team, Red Team, Green Team and White Team.
- Communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop relationships at all levels within a business.
- Strong organiser and “completer-finisher”
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive, enthusiastic nature
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.