Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Delighting customers and providing them value is paramount, as is meeting the needs of the business regarding the generation of revenue and profit in a safe and sustainable way. Underpinning the needs of the business is a requirement to maintain consistently high-levels of operational performance within the Business Units (BUs); projects must be accurately forecast; the workforce must be efficiently and effectively assigned to satisfy both tactical and strategic objectives; production engineering and production must be appropriately scaled and professionally executed, focussed on lean principles, high yield and quality; support functions must be ready, responsive and customer-centric.
The Project Management Office plays a key role in ensuring the BUs operating rhythm is executed and adhered to in order to yield the right operational performance.
Primary Job Purpose
- Provides day to day operational support to the Business Operations, Delivery, Sales and People functions
- Ensure the BU operates to its stated business rhythm
- Drive consistency and efficiency into Project Management activities
- Provide accurate and timely Management Information to support timely decision making
- Provide a set of internal services which enable the BU to achieve its operational goals
Deliver defined PMO services to enable the BU including (but not limited to):
- Delivery Management support
- Tracking/monitoring of cross-project dependencies
- Coordination of the BU Risk Management system
- Bid Management support
- Change Management support
- Policy and process conformance
- Onboarding and induction support
- Accommodation & Facilities Management
- Facilitation of the creation and updating of Management Information as required by the BU
- Meeting coordination and administration (including facilitation and action tracking)
- Interact with other key business areas to facilitate smooth business operations
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications
- Appropriate P3 qualifications (P3O, Prince2) - Desired
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to liaise and coordinate with colleagues from across all areas of the business - Essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) - Essential
- Excellent team working skills and able to work as a flexible, proactive member of a team - Essential
- Excellent organisation skills, gained with previous experience of working within a project environment - Essential
- Information and Data Management experience - Preferred
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years . For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.