Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Reporting to the Marketing Campaign Lead and working within a small and fast paced team, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketer to help us shape our marketing strategy, capturing the attention of prospective customers and employees to support our ambitious growth plans.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- Project manage/assist the delivery of Roke external events, including exhibitions, conferences and briefings, delivering impactful occasions that enhance our reputation with customers, employees and investors;
- Support the Marketing Campaign Lead and colleagues in the wider team to create and deliver campaign activity, ensuring plans have a clear set of objectives and are agreed with key stakeholders across the business
- Provide regular reports/dashboards of events/campaign activities, including spend, KPIs and escalations to ensure the business is well briefed on all such activities and we measure overall campaign performance/effectiveness
- Maintain and ensure we maximise expenditure budgets, providing advice and support to spend money wisely, re-purpose and reuse assets wherever possible and optimise partnerships with suppliers/agencies
- Advise upon, manage and produce the content collateral required for each event (working with marcomms colleagues and suppliers when required). Ensure key messages are consistent and in line with business strategy and brand guidelines (within the overall communications, marketing and engagement strategy)
- Support marketing and communications activities delivered via other channels such as the website, social media, internal or client communications (within the overall communications, marketing and engagement strategy);
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and CIM Diploma / Postgraduate Diploma
- Evidence of Digital/project management academic background
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong B2B background ideally in Defence, National Security, Healthcare, High Value Manufacturing or Technology business
- Proven delivery of campaign success – showing outcomes/evaluation of performance
- Good technology knowledge of project management tools, Excel
- Excellent communication skills – grammar, proofreading skills and an eye for detail
- Understanding of Digital/Social media content marketing
- Excellent relationship management skills and a good team player
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.