Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
The Model Shop at Roke provides both a planned and reactive service to projects and engineers across the Roke site. It provides quick turnaround solutions to mechanical designs that arise with various projects, helping to achieve critical deadlines. By keeping the prototype manufacture of conceptual designs in house as much as possible, aids with the sensitive nature of the work Roke is involved with. A broad set of skill requirements, coupled with the versatile capability enable the Model Shop to provide a key hardware support service to all projects across the business.
The role will include:
- To manage work flow through the Model shop
- To manufacture required prototypes in line project requirements
- To provide advice and support to engineers on design concepts and design for manufacture
- To manage the maintenance, Health and Safety and consumable stock of the workshop
Why We Want You
You will have a selection of the below:
- Technical Apprenticeship in Engineering or relevant subject AND/OR
- Technical Degree in Engineering or relevant subject AND/OR
- Equivalent relevant work experience
- A good overall understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Experience programming, setting and operating CNC and manual machines
- Experience working on projects from initial design through to product manufacture
- Ability to use Computer Aided Manufacture software (AlphaCAM / Delcam Powermill)
- Ability to work from both 2D drawings and 3D models
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.