Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke is recruiting for Cyber Security Architects who are driven by solving varied and interesting client problems. The successful candidates will be working alongside Roke’s high-profile clients to help them engineer bespoke, highly-secure yet agile cyber security solutions within complex environments with the aim of protecting information and systems from the cyber threat.
Roke is a respected world-class technology provider with a strong set of existing clients in the Industrial sector. Whether you are an experienced or developing security architect looking for the next step in your career this is an opportunity to use your Cyber Security and technology background to assist our clients in creating architectures and assuring complex high assurance systems which deliver step changes in national capability.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- Architecture design and assurance for complex systems that are highly resilient to cyber threats
- Architecture modelling and oversight of technical design studies
- Investigating how emerging technologies can be utilised to increase both agility and security
- Frequent engagement with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Writing technical material for competitive bids
- Always fully comply with Roke’s policies and procedures
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications
- Have a recognised Cyber Security qualification such as NCSC Certified Cyber Professional (CCP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP);
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
You’ll have a background in information technology engineering, ideally networking, software, or hardware. In addition you should:
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills;
- Have the ability to understand, adapt and architect complex systems; and
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Additional knowledge or experience that are desirable, include:
- Any experience of high assurance systems;
- Industry background in Information Assurance systems and processes;
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to executives.
- This is a client facing role and we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.