Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
Roke are now looking for a passionate DevOps Engineer with Software Development experience to become an aggregated part of our Software Engineering team.
Innovation is at the core of what we do. You will be encouraged to contribute to Roke’s innovation process by devising ideas for products/ techniques, developing other people’s ideas & your own. You will belong to a community in which to engage about best practice, emerging technologies & CPD.
Why We Want You
As a DevOps Engineer, you will have a degree level qualification in a STEM subject, or you will have an education and level of experience which is comparable.
Depending on your level of ability/experience, you will have familiarity, competence or expertise in a subset of these areas:
- Cloud technologies including Azure and/or AWS.
- Cyber security techniques and skills.
- Relevant architectural styles e.g. micro service architecture, REST.
- Database design, integration, management & maintenance (migration)
- Database tools e.g. Oracle SQL Developer, Liquibase.
- Development & debugging tools & techniques e.g. IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans.
- VCS tools & techniques e.g. Git, SVN, branching, merging, patching, release management.
- Testing tools and plug-ins e.g. Junit, Cucumber, Maven Surefire, Maven Failsafe.
- Testing levels e.g. unit, integration, system.
- Documentation tools and techniques e.g. UML, Enterprise Architect, MDA & MBSE, Confluence including draw.io
- Development methodologies e.g. Agile (SCRUM, SAFe).
- DevOps techniques, tools & infrastructure e.g. continuous integration, continuous deployment, Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab, Docker, Ansible, vRealize etc.
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team and grasp opportunities. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of DV clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.