Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Innovation is at the core of Roke’s strategy and is essential to the future of both Roke and the broader Chemring Group. Innovation Leaders will lead the development of our future technical vision, develop market leading ideas and drive them through to delivery.
Preserving high-levels of confidence by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectation in relation to innovation and value creation is paramount, equalled by the need to meet the needs of the business regarding safe and sustainable generation of revenue and profit. Balancing the needs of the customer and the needs of the Business Units (BUs) provides a constant challenge, requiring firm leadership and high-levels of responsiveness to risks and opportunities as they arise.
The Innovation Leader is a senior position within Roke and central to our strategy of growth through innovation. The Innovation Leader will define a bold vision for the future based on the deep technical expertise and knowledge of the market. They will then use their leadership, influencing and delivery skills to make that vision real by defining development tasks, harvesting existing capabilities and partnering with other technology leaders. By working across Roke and engaging with our account teams the Innovation Leader will drive transformational change in the way our Clients conduct their operations. In doing so, the Innovation Leader will establish Roke as the leading innovative supplier in our chosen markets.
- Define a bold vision for the application of cutting edge technology in transforming our Clients’ operations.
- Deliver the technical vision by engaging with our teams, both business and technical, to implement a development and capability delivery programme.
- To act as the role model for the Roke technical community. The Innovation Leader will excite and motivate the technical community through their leadership and contribution.
- To work with Campaign Leaders to shape development of current and future capabilities for epics, campaigns, products and services.
- To identify, qualify and sponsor innovation opportunities that align with our capabilities and strategy.
- To act as an interface between key stakeholders: Innovation Director, Heads of Professions, Campaign Leads & Account Managers, Heads of Engineering, Head of Technical Delivery, Human Resources, MARCOMMS and the Technical Community.
- To promote and build the Roke brand to ensure customers value our honesty and integrity.
- Whilst the vision may take many years to realise, the incremental capabilities and supporting technical components will be sellable and deliver value to our clients from the outset.
Why We Want You
The Innovation Leader will be a technical expert and visionary in their specialist area, as well as:
- Deep expertise in the relevant Technical landscape.
- Track record of delivering innovative solutions including leading Clients on the innovation journey from idea to adoption.
- Domain expertise and industry knowledge in one of our chosen markets.
- Experience in providing thought leadership and guidance to key stakeholders.
- Experience in developing complex user requirements and translating them into technical or support requirements.
- Experience of working in, and managing, agile teams and delivering complexity at pace.
- Experience delivering bids and securing both Client and internal funding.
- Accomplished technical speaker able to represent Roke at major client and Industry events
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of DV clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.