Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke are a leading technology and engineering company with clients spanning the National Security, Defence, Public Sector and Industry sectors. We work alongside our clients to solve their most complex and unique challenges.
Roke have an opportunity to join a new team as part of our Manchester client hub within the National Security Business. The team will work flexibly from our office in MediaCityUK, at our Manchester clients and from home. The team needs to develop deep client understanding and strong team dynamics.
Your projects will be diverse, applying your skills to deliver impact for our clients, from research to rapid prototypes through to agile operational solutions. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work across projects in different domains. You will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This role will enable the business to:
- Consistently execute contracts fully to schedule, cost and quality
- Professionally interface-to and manage external Customers, Subcontractors and Partners, and internal Business Functions (balancing the needs of the business and the needs of stakeholders)
- Create trusted and enduring relationships, building value for both the customer and Roke
- Plan for and successfully mobilise contracts
- Identify, prioritise and mitigate/manage risks & issues associated with bidding & delivery
- Bid with confidence; knowing schedule, cost & quality factors are fully considered
- Report/forecast accurately against key performance measures/indicators (KPIs)
- Continually improve delivery capability in parallel to bids & contracts
- Building and actively managing project teams
- Provide support to people management and recruitment in line with Roke’s growth aspirations for the Manchester hub
- Successfully delivering bids and contracts to target schedule, cost and quality levels; this means fully understanding the governing contract and delivering it on time and in full (OTIF)
- Identifying, prioritising and actively managing risks & issues associated with bids & live contracts; includes appropriate and timely escalation
- Providing timely and accurate forecast information and project reporting, managing both internal and external stakeholders expectations as appropriate
- Ensuring all project artefacts (both deliverable & non-deliverable) are appropriately controlled and produced to a high standard, in-line with Roke’s Quality Management System – includes plans, estimates, specifications, architecture & design documents, software, test plans & results, manufacturing data, etc
- Being the point of contact for Facilities Management and other internal Enabling Services
Why We Want You
- Appropriate Project Management qualifications (e.g. APM, PMI, Prince2)
- Relevant Agile delivery experience
- Relevant degree and/or experience required
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.