Roke are a leading technology and engineering company with clients spanning the National Security, Defence, Public Sector and Industry sectors. We work alongside our clients to solve their most complex and unique challenges.
Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are seeking highly motivated and skilled staff to join us working across ground breaking projects within the fields of autonomy, connectivity, smart cities and data analytics. We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’.
Roke have an opportunity to join a new software engineering team as part of our Manchester client hub within the National Security Business. The team will work flexibly from our office in MediaCityUK, at our Manchester clients and from home. The team needs to develop deep client understanding and strong team dynamics.
Your projects will be diverse, applying your skills to deliver impact for our clients, from research to rapid prototypes through to agile operational solutions. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work across projects in different domains.
Beyond your technical skills, we expect you to thrive from working with world class scientists and engineers, be technically curious, and always wanting to develop your skills, knowledge and networks. You will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Working as part of a cross-functional, agile delivery team to develop solutions for our customers.
- Operate flexibly and effectively as part of a hybrid distributed team.
- Research and integrate new tools, frameworks, and languages.
- Opportunities to take on Scrum Master, Product Owner and Solution Architect roles.
- Engage with the wider Roke team to contribute to Business Development and Innovation activities.
- Hands on AWS experience with knowledge of a range of AWS services, including cloud native services, and ideally certification at Practitioner or Associate level
- Agile ways of working using Scrum, Kanban and SAFe, and CI/CD
- Frontend development and UX, e.g. in Vue or React
- Experience with containers, e.g. Docker or Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as Code technologies, e.g. Terraform/Ansible/vagrant
- Good experience of Python, and other modern programming languages such as Java or golang
- Version control and project management using Git, GitLab, GitHub or JIRA
- Experience of machine learning frameworks
- Experience with data analytics, DataOps, data visualization, and techniques for acquiring and fusing data
- A familiarity with Linux and working with open source software
- Windows automation using Powershell
- Knowledge of other deployment platforms such as Azure, GCP or OpenShift
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current SC Clearance or at least be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.