Roke is a world-class engineering and technology company, with a trusted and long-standing record of delivery spanning research & development, products, managed-services and consultancy, serving customers across the globe. The markets Roke operates in are broad but they are frequently cross-cutting at engineering and delivery levels; markets include defence, national security, public-sector and commercial industries, with diversity being at the centre of Roke’s strategy.
Preserving high-levels of confidence by consistently meeting or beating customer expectation in relation to contract delivery and value creation is paramount, equalled by the need to meet the needs of the business regarding safe and sustainable generation of revenue and profit.
At the heart of the supporting operating model are assured and repeatable methods of delivery, underpinned by key roles & responsibilities.
Use your supportability experience and determination to influence and advise the various business functions, engineering, project managers, services and portfolio managers, by promoting and implementing ILS activities. In addition, supporting the projects by identifying and managing ILS risks.
Primary activities include:
- To provide high levels of confidence in our capability to meet the internal and external customer ILS support requirements.
- To sustainably grow the service and support function within the business in line with the SSDM direction.
- To provide portfolio managers, Campaign managers and BU leadership with ILS insights and inputs to both future and current customer supportability requirements.
- To support the engineering functions in carrying out new and in-service products and system supportability analysis.
- To keep the Portfolio and project managers informed of relevant risks, issues and progress of the ILS functions, escalating appropriate matters for resolution.
- To ensure the highest safety and compliance standards are applied throughout all manufacturing and production activities.
- Architect the Roke ILS service support offering across the key business functions (portfolio, project management, engineering and manufacturing) to ensure they meet whole life cost targets ensuring project / service profitability.
- Determine, develop and delivery of project ILS strategies, plans and reports in conjunction with the relevant service and project deliverables. Includes ILS elements planning, LSA tailoring, in-service support planning and logs demo’s.
- Work with engineering, manufacturing and supply chain to provide both product and system supportability reporting and assurance, through the application of the relevant ARM&T principles.
- Own and manage the Service and support ILS responses to Customer Requests for Proposal (RFP), Invitations to Tender (ITT), Statements of Work (SoW), Tender Assessments and Contract Specifications.
- Support business growth as the ILS SME for bids, partnering agreements including planning, pre-contract discussions, product development, project ILS meetings & reviews.
- Support engineering in the production of FMECA’s, RBD’s and MTBF generation.
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or HND/HNC qualified with relevant practical experience of Electronic Warfare equipment – Highly Desirable
- IOSH Working / Managing Safety Qualification (or equivalent) - Desired
- Lean 6 Sigma – Desired
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in the service support of low volume, high value, products and systems in a highly regulated environment – Essential
- Knowledge and experience of the application of through-life support standards such as DEF STAN 00-600, 00-40, 00-42, Mil Std 217F and Defence Logistics Framework – Essential
- Experience in working with customers in a matrix managed team - Essential
- Good knowledge of MOD support frameworks and experience in their application as a supplier - Desired
- Experience as a technical author – Desired
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.