Can you influence the future or inspire change? If so, read on...
The Law Enforcement sector is at exciting cross-roads, where changing user expectations and enabling technology advancements are driving transformation at an unprecedented scale. As a leader in business and technical transformation, Roke is at the forefront of shaping and delivering these changes to help our clients embrace the ever changing world.
Roke believes in improving the world through innovation. We do it by bringing the physical and digital together in ways that revolutionise industries. That’s why we’ve fostered an environment where some of the world’s finest minds have the freedom, support and trust to succeed. Roke is a team of curious and deeply technical consultants and engineers dedicated to safely unlocking the economic and societal potential of connected real-world assets.
Our 60-year heritage and deep knowledge in sensors, communications, cyber and Artificial Intelligence means our people are uniquely placed to combine and apply these technologies in ways that keep people safe whilst unlocking value. For our customers, we’re a trusted partner that welcomes any problem, confident that our consulting, research, innovation and product development will help them revolutionise and improve their world. If you’re interested in bringing the physical and digital worlds together, we’d love to talk.
Why Roke Consulting? “Business Unusual”
We help to achieve a safe and secure world by supporting the Home Office and our Law Enforcement clients through innovation and by shaping and delivering their most complex business transformations.
We provide outstanding work with unrivalled Intelligent Insight and work in partnership with our clients to deliver the most valued products and services
We combine highly creative and strategic thinking with excellent commercial and technical skills to form powerful teams. Roke Consultancy delivers Strategic Advice, Analysis and Architecture in the areas of:
- Customer insight, future trends and business case development
- R&D and innovation process analysis and organisational improvement
- Technology visioning, strategy development and solution implementation
- Concept generation and innovation management
What will your role look like?
We are looking for an experienced Business Consultant with a proven track record in leading business and technical design and delivery by leveraging cutting edge technologies and proven agile ways of working. You will be involved in all aspects of the Consultancy lifecycle, i.e. Win, Deliver and Develop. This role is required to support our National Security, Commercial and Defence clients.
As a Roke Business Consultant you will be responsible for growing our client relationships, winning work, delivery and continuing to expand our world-class consultancy skills and capabilities. You will be involved in some of the most cutting edge and complex technology programmes within one or more of our client-side teams.
This role will expand your abilities by working alongside our wealth of world leading specialists in data analytics, cyber and secure communications, from rapidly prototyped research right through to high grade enterprise systems. Many of our projects are highly creative, so we are looking for individuals who want to work with the best, have the ability to think around, propose and implement solutions to some of the most difficult problems.
- You will take responsibility for all aspects of business development and be a senior contributor to projects where appropriate, working alongside other business development, project management, technical staff and business analysts. Specific responsibilities are:
- Working with and guiding our dedicated business development team to maximise opportunities for the consulting team
- Understanding client business and technical needs and communicating these clearly to the team
- Personally close key significant sales and delivery of key consultancy deliverables
- Developing strong commercial relationships with senior client executives during project delivery to ensure expectation of quality and value of projects is met and shaping further sales opportunities
- Utilising market, technology and/or business consulting methodology knowledge to guide the technical team, informing strategy and internal investments
- Interacting with teams across the diverse market and technical base of the division
- You will also use your strong business skills to help communicate what Roke Consultants can deliver to potential clients
- Your consulting skills will also help you to make a significant contribution to the overall direction of business strategy projects, often working on more than one concurrently.
- Your skills, energy and insight will make a significant contribution to Roke.
To meet the demanding requirements of this role you will have:
- Proven track-record in winning and delivering business and technical consultancy projects within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
- Hold a degree in a business field or in a field of technical relevance for Roke or equivalent
- Have significant expertise and experience in either a management or technology consulting environment. Our team applies consulting skills to strategic technology questions, working across a range of technologies and in the National Security, Defence and Commercial sectors
- Have already been successful in business strategy development / implementation, and innovation management
- You are experienced in recognising technology-led opportunities, helping to shape breakthrough products and bring them to market.
In addition, to be successful in the role you will be expected to:
- Be committed to providing top quality advice to address the needs of our clients
- Have a track record in developing client relationships, recognising potential and selling significant projects
- Be a highly effective communicator with the ability to write, present and facilitate workshops
- Have excellent team working skills and be able to build and maintain new relationships
- Able to steer projects, but also on occasion lead them as a project manager
- Have flexibility, energy and a constructive approach to challenges
- Have a positive attitude and maintain a policy of openness
- Uphold the values of Roke of delivering impact and caring for colleagues
- As an effective communicator you will have experience consulting or teaching and enjoy mentoring staff.
What we can offer you?
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits including amongst others childcare vouchers, flexi-leave (up to 8 days per year), travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can consider flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.