Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
There are multiple opportunities available, either within our Industry business unit or National Security, of which the location can vary.
The Senior Software Architect will be responsible for the architecture and design of large multi-disciplinary software solutions, and also support Client Managers directly in a pre-sales capacity to develop relationships and solutions that can support future business growth.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
- Define and lead the architecture and delivery of large-scale software engineering projects
- Work with the leadership team to define and develop the software capability within the business unit.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to junior members of the team.
- Oversee progress of multiple development teams ensuring best coding practices, providing assurance that software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Support the Sales and Campaign functions to develop and foster client relationships and elaborate high level technical requirements
- Represent Roke and its technical solutions and capabilities toward client communities
- Work with Delivery Management to mobilise projects.
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Act as the ‘voice of the customer’, liaising with Delivery teams to develop winning propositions
- Lead the production of technical proposals and bids
- Maintain and develop client relationships as directed by the Campaign or Account Team
- Support customer account team by contributing to strategy and documentation
- Work with Delivery Management to highlight technical risks and optimal resourcing skills
Why We Want You
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience as a software architect and developer in multiple languages
- Experience of cloud architecture in private cloud, and commercial cloud systems (such as AWS, Azure or GCP), and both traditional and cloud-native services.
- Familiarity using Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience of working with in Business Development, and authoring complex bids.
- Specialisms in Cloud Security, Infrastructure as Code, Data Science or AI/ML technologies.
- Certification in AWS or Azure.
- Product Owner experience in large Agile projects, with SAFe certification useful.
- Familiarity with systems engineering and enterprise architecture using TOGAF or MODAF.
- Information Security experience or accreditation (e.g. CISSP)
- Knowledge of commercial and contractual frameworks.
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC/Enhanced DV clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.