Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development, services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
Roke is seeking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join our commercial team with a focus on growing our UK and International business within our Industry Business Unit.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- Commercial Management for Roke’s UK and International Industry Business Unit.
- Provide support to the Defence business area, including overseas product and managed service sales, as required.
- Support exploitation of Roke IP through sales or licensing arrangements.
- To provide commercial support from early business development, contract negotiation and on through the life of the contract.
- Ability to draft, negotiate and implement contracts and other commercial agreements including teaming, non-disclosure, licencing etc.
- Support the establishment of relationships with Business Sales Partners - review, approve, provide support and monitor adherence to Company and Chemring Group policies and business Governance requirements for appointment and management of Sales Partners.
- Undertake commercial, financial and business risk and opportunity management during bidding and contract negotiations/management.
- Ensure compliance with Roke’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated in a Business or Legal based discipline preferably to degree level or have equivalent industry experience.
- High level of computer literacy is essential.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Demonstrable experience in a relevant commercial or related role.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial terms and conditions.
- Experience of working with UK MOD, Defence sector clients and/or international business advantageous.
- Experience of preparing commercial costing (e.g. commercial and financial contingencies and provisions), financial planning (e.g. milestone planning) and commercial Risk Management.
- Proven success in negotiating contracts with both commercial and government customers.
- Highly organised with the ability to maintain focus, manage priorities and deliver under pressure.
- You should be a confident communicator with good presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) and be able to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.