This role supports delivery and operation of a strategic Government capability, which is key to the UK’s security and law enforcement mission. You will be representing the client in stakeholder engagements - to understand technical challenges, and design and implement tactical solutions for live operation [further details can be provided on application].
We are looking for a candidate interested in a role supporting UK security and law enforcement. You must have experience of Cisco, Python and Linux. You must be customer focused with an eye for detail and looking for a role based in London. Is this you?
The Service organisation within the National Security (NS) Business Unit is organised into Service Lines, and we follow a process framework based on ITIL practices. Our focus is on operating and governing the delivery of services to our customers to the right quality, cost, and performance.
This opportunity plays a critical role in operating the service, providing proactive and reactive support according to incident, request, problem, and change management processes, working directly with the customer and the technologies driving the service, to deliver, maintain, and improve.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to support a bespoke data collection system for a client based in London. The system forms part of the critical national infrastructure making this a high profile role. You will be responsible for designing and implementing changes to the system as well as its day to day operation. You will be responsible for liaising with third party suppliers and organisation both at technical level and a senior stakeholder level.
Activities and responsibilities of the role include:
- Architecting dynamic network solutions around customer requirements
- Managing client and stakeholder relations with a high degree professionalism
- Influencing suppliers and clients to work within short timeframes
- Working with clients to design and implement network solutions
- Managing deployment teams and organising remote operations
- Maintaining and configuring Cisco & Juniper Firewalls
- Maintaining and configuring Cisco Switches & Load balancers
- Organising workflow and problem reports
- Creating dynamic Python scripts
Education and Qualifications
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or Engineering subject or a HND in a science or engineering subject and equivalent industry experience
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Ideally candidates will have a solid background supporting Linux systems (CentOS/Redhat preferred), experience with Cisco switches/firewalls (CCENT or CCNA highly desirable), a strong understanding of IP networking, VPN standards and configuration, good communication skills and an eye for detail and precision.
- Highly desirable skills include a good understanding of RADIUS, SNMP, GRE SPANs and VOIP protocols.
- Good working knowledge of AWS and intermediate Python, Ansible and BASH skills are desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to work on secondment at a client location.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy who deliver advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers, who come to us with varied and challenging problems to solve.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve enhanced DV. The clearance is not required upon application.
To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance. High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.