Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke is a leading technology and engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Public Sector and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches and solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
You will be part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you autonomy, challenge, and strong sense of purpose. Depending on the project, there will be opportunities to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
You will be proficient in algorithm development, modelling, and implementation, whether this be for FPGA or DSP platforms. Ideally, you will have knowledge of radio systems and electronic warfare disciplines.
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Perform signal processing algorithm development and embedded software development for projects
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables and contribute to bids
- Provide technical support to customer meetings
- Maintain awareness across new DSP and FPGA platform technologies and methodologies
- Apply and scale software engineering processes effectively
- Identify and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Focus on DSP algorithm development skills
- Experience of FPGA, SDR or DSP platforms
- Experience of algorithm modelling
- Experience of Embedded C/C++
- Knowledge of radio systems
- Knowledge of one or more defence disciplines, such as Electronic Warfare, Signals Intelligence, Radar, or GNSS.
- Experience of Python in the use of test scripts and/or post-data processing
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection and Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies and techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.