Roke is a leading technology and engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Public Sector and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches and solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
You will be part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you autonomy, challenge, and strong sense of purpose. Depending on the project, there will be opportunities to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
You will be proficient in the understanding of wireless military communication network and associated protocols and security architecture. Furthermore, be skilled in both the design, simulation and software implementation of such networks.
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Provide systems engineering skills with regard to wireless military communication networks – specifically related to requirements analysis, design, simulation and implementation
- Maintain awareness across the wireless military radio systems domain
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables and contribute to bids
- Provide technical support to customer meetings
- Apply and scale engineering processes effectively
- Identify and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of the military communication domain
- Understanding of wireless military communication and/or civil network architectures, protocols and associated waveforms
- Experience of simulating wireless communication systems
- Experience of implementing wireless communication protocols
- Knowledge of other defence disciplines, such as Electronic Warfare, Signals Intelligence, Radar, or GNSS.
- Proficient in software development
- Knowledge of military network security architectures
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection and Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies and techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should b e a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.