Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke provides technology innovation and consultancy to a variety of military users and are seeking talented systems engineers.
As a Systems Engineer within Roke you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will be working closely alongside our defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the UK armed forces.
The role will include travel and working at a number of MOD sites around the UK, including opportunities based in Bristol and surrounding area. It is also expected that some time will initially be spent at Roke in order to become familiar with corporate practices and ways of working.
This is a customer-facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
You will be a key participant in the design and delivery of a variety of strategic programmes and business critical initiatives and will be part of large scale engagements where change and evolution of services contribute to this fascinating, and demanding environment.
Areas of Responsibility / Tasks
- Working as part of a team to produce system architectures & designs from concept through to build.
- Applying and adapting your system design skills between specific areas of business challenge or opportunity, spanning a range of existing and emerging technologies including (but not limited to) applications, middleware, network infrastructure and radio bearers
- Growing and managing architecture products, through the development of data models, standards and the design and implementation of processes and tools;
- Understanding & interpreting business or technical requirements and translate these into defined system models
- Validation & Verification planning as necessary to derisk end delivery.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to establish consensus on viability of solution options and the associated benefits and risks
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards, frameworks and tools (preferably TOGAF/Archimate)
- Experience in the application of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Requirements elicitation & management
- Configuration management & baseline development through lifecycle
- Knowledge and understanding of Military Communications and Information Systems
- Experience of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) (Desirable)
- Experience of Enterprise-scale ICT solution development or assessment within a defence context (Desirable)
- Awareness of information security within the defence environment (Desirable)
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (2.1 or above) in a related subject or have the equivalent in relevant engineering, scientific or technical-based discipline.
Why You Should Join Us
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance program and pension along with a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current SC Clearance or be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We will provide you with assistance in transferring your clearance, we also offer a high level clearance bonus.