Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Public Sector and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
The role will include travel and working at a number of MOD sites around the UK, including opportunities based in Bristol and surrounding area. It is also expected that some time will initially be spent at Roke in order to become familiar with corporate practices and ways of working.
This is a customer-facing role; therefore, we are looking for individuals who have the appropriate technical knowledge and who are able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and act as a trusted advisor to our clients.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Architecture Definition & Analysis (Essential)
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management (Essential)
- Requirements Elicitation and Analysis (Essential)
- Specification of Technical Solutions (Desirable)
- Security Analysis (Desirable)
- Systems Analysis & Operational Analysis (Desirable)
- Trade Studies (Desirable)
- Design and Delivery Assurance (Desirable)
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the Deployed and Tactical Military Domains in areas such as Communications Bearers, Deployed Networks, Specialised Application Infrastructure, Autonomous Applications and Security & System Management, including awareness of the technology market in the deployed and tactical domains
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to create influence (Essential)
- Ability to build constructive relationships with clients, including adapting to their culture and ways of working
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver concise technical information and to apply appropriate data visualisation techniques
- Experience within one or more of MOD environments (Air, Land, Maritime, C4ISR )
- Proven track record in leading the development of solutions, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers
- Ability to identify and assess risks and to advise on risk mitigation strategies
- Understanding of service-based architecture
- Ability to work with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop solution options to meet challenging requirements as part of a design team
- Application of Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, Archimate) and use of CASE tools
- Requirements Engineering including Analysis and Management through life, including use of tools such as DOORS
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycle phases and ability to plan for integration, test and acceptance
- Knowledge of Communication Networks, Protocols and Gateways (e.g. PSTN, Fixed and Mobile IP Data, WiFi)
- Broad Knowledge of a range of enterprise-scale ICT delivery mechanisms and software technologies (including Application Hosting, Big Data, DevOps and Virtualised Cloud Services)
Why You Should Join Us
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance program and pension along with a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current SC Clearance or be willing and eligible to obtain this.
To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We will provide you with assistance in transferring your clearance, we also offer a high level clearance bonus.