Roke is a world-class engineering and technology company, with a trusted and long-standing record of delivery spanning research & development, products, managed-services and consultancy, serving customers across the globe. The markets Roke operates in are broad but they are frequently cross-cutting at engineering and delivery levels; markets include defence, national security, public-sector and commercial industries, with diversity being at the centre of Roke’s strategy.
Preserving high-levels of confidence by consistently meeting or exceeding customer expectation in relation to contract delivery and value creation is paramount, equaled by the need to meet the needs of the business regarding safe and sustainable generation of revenue and profit.
At the heart of the supporting operating model are assured and repeatable methods of delivery, underpinned by key roles and responsibilities.
SERAPIS is a commercial framework established by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) to deliver research in the areas of C4ISR, space systems, and synthetic environments.
Roke is Prime for SERAPIS Lot 1 “Collect” which covers the development and integration of new and emerging ISTAR technology and techniques, including both conventional and novel sensing technology, open source and human intelligence.
The Lot 1 Programme Management Office (PMO) manages and assures the delivery of research from a diverse supply base. Projects range from horizon scanning & innovation to hardware & software integration, spanning Technology Readiness Levels from 2 to 6.
About the role
The ideal candidate will be capable of executing technical leadership both within this and other related opportunities.
The Technical Lead provides technical assurance to all aspects of the technical delivery and works closely with the Client’s project teams and Supplier(s). Indicative duties will include:
- Client facing activity to influence and capture the future task pipeline
- Guide and monitor a number of Technical Advisors within the PMO
- Lead the Cross Lot Technical Forum to identify and learn shared lessons
- Lead technical assurance of specific projects, including
- Shaping requirements, acceptance and evaluation criteria
- Technical assessment of Suppliers’ proposals
- Monitoring delivery and technical risk of projects
- Technical review of deliverables
- Contribute to continuous process improvement within the PMO
- Liaise with DSTL technical, project and programme leads
- Clearly communicate technical concepts and issues to stakeholders
- Advise the Programme Manager on demand signal and supplier capabilities
- Support Roke leadership in identifying required team skills for successful delivery
- Lead a team of Technical Advisors
- Conduct project specific tasks to high quality and on time
Why We Want You
Education and/or experience:
A technical education and/or relevant qualifications in Physics, Engineering and related fields
Skills and experience:
- Deep understanding of one or more sensing types, e.g. EO/IR, ES, SAR, LiDAR, with a wider awareness of additional types;
- Deep understanding of sensor data processing of one more sensor types, with a wider awareness of processing techniques and data/information fusion;
- Experience working within or with DSTL or similar bodies;
- Clear and concise communication, both written and orally;
- Experience with technical planning for large/complex projects.
- Understanding of sensor data and/or sensor management standards;
- Knowledge of multi-domain ISR doctrine;
- Trials/data collection experience;
- Systems Engineering applied to low-to-mid TRL developments;
- Experience of working with Open Source technologies & Human Intelligence (HUMINT);
Why You Should Join Us
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance program and pension along with a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current SC Clearance or be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We will provide you with assistance in transferring your clearance, we also offer a high level clearance bonus.