We imagine a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Following a recent review of this requirement we have added a new "must have" list of attributes / knowledge / experience below:
- Enhanced DV
- Proven National Security experience
- Apply new and modern agile techniques
- Technically curious and keen to understand “the detail”
- Technical scientific background is preferred or strong research / innovative technical background.
- Managing multiple projects that range from £50K (Hard core research) to multimillion developments.
- Technically apt to ask engineers probing questions to make sure projects stay on track
What will your role look like?
- Working as part of a wider delivery management community to deliver your projects to time, cost and quality.
- You will work closely with highly skilled and respected Roke engineers, adapting your leadership to suit the team and the project.
- You will be responsible for supporting business rhythms through project level forecasts to communicate future performance.
- Working with the National Security Account Teams to assist with Business Winning.
- Building and maintaining good customer relationships to enable long-term business growth.
- Enabling your project teams by working closely with business enabling services for resourcing, IT & facilities.
- Enhancing the National Security delivery business by actively supporting its delivery portfolios and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Allow the business to track progress and provide guidance by engaging business assurance stakeholders.
What We Want You
- Good project management experience demonstrating the above responsibilities and tasks in a comparable business.
- Experience in the delivery of software related projects. This should include managing of engineering teams developing software and hardware solutions that go beyond supply and fit.
- Experience delivering to technically adept customers, ideally including exposure to government departments / National Security domain.
- Be confident in the shaping and delivery of work using milestone-based planning and control or agile approaches.
- Experience of working in the development of solutions for cybersecurity, business intelligence, communications or information security.
- APMP and/or PRINCE2 qualifications are desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to travel nationally (with some potential travel internationally)
- Current DV clearance
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, current DV clearance is essential. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.