Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
As a Senior Operational Analyst within Roke you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will work closely alongside our Defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the UK armed forces.
Roke provides technology innovation, consultancy and analysis to a variety of military clients and are seeking a talented analyst to join our growing team of specialists.
What will your role look like?
As a Senior Operational Analyst you will have a key role in gathering high quality evidence to support decision making within Defence. This could range from quantitative modelling through to facilitated workshops with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
You will also be expected to contribute to:
- Solving a variety of 'hands on' technical challenges, using a range of techniques from soft to hard OA methods
- Problem structuring, designing and implementing assessment frameworks and linking these to data generation activities involving a variety of tools, techniques, models and methods
- Thought Leadership, developing new and innovative concepts and approaches
- Technical Leadership and delivery of projects, including the generation and delivery of reports, presentations and briefing packs
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Building client relationships and supporting bidding activities to win new business
- Sharing your skills and knowledge with colleagues and clients
- The wider delivery of high quality analysis across Roke through mentoring and review
What do we expect from you?
- A minimum of 2:1 bachelor's degree in a STEM related subject or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in developing and maintaining stakeholder and customer relationships both internal and external
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking high impact analysis in support of one or more areas of Land Operations, Command and Control, Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) and Communications Systems
- Experience of applying both hard and soft analysis techniques to solve a variety of problems and support the generation of evidence-based outputs to support Business Cases and business-level decision-making processes
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver clear and concise technical documents
Why You Should Join Us
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance, employee assistance program and pension along with a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, candidates must already hold current SC Clearance or be willing and eligible to obtain this. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We will provide you with assistance in transferring your clearance, we also offer a high level clearance bonus.