Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
The Industry team works regularly in the Healthcare, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, High Value Manufacturing, Information & Communications, and Rail sectors. Our customers often come to us with niche, challenging problems that matter to their business, looking for experts to develop solutions by applying their experience and knowledge in novel, creative ways. Our projects range from few-month early feasibility studies, through the entire engineering lifecycle, to multi-year support for production-grade software systems, with engineers switching between these in line with their career aspirations and development plans.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
We are expanding our existing capability in Software Engineering within the Industry team, this team will growth significantly within the next 12 months through recruitment and training of junior engineers. Roke is recruiting a Senior Software Architect who is driven by solving varied and interesting client problems. The Senior Software Architect will be responsible for the architecture and design of large multi-disciplinary software solutions, and also support Client Managers directly in a pre-sales capacity to develop relationships and solutions that can support future business growth.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for supporting the development of capability within their own technical area. This senior position will be pivotal to capability development through; involvement with business development activities, support our account managers in development of customer offerings to address market drivers, identifying opportunities to develop/exploit our own IP in our target proposition space, as well as understanding and documenting the customer’s requirements for distribution to engineering team.
Roke is a respected world-class technology provider with a strong set of existing clients in the Industrial sector. Whether you are an experienced or developing engineer looking for the next step in your career this is an opportunity to use your technology background to assist our clients in creating complex systems which deliver step changes in capability.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Define and lead the architecture and delivery of large-scale software engineering projects
- Work with the leadership team to define and develop the software capability within the business unit.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to junior members of the team.
- Oversee progress of multiple development teams ensuring best coding practices, providing assurance that software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Support the Sales and Campaign functions to develop and foster client relationships and elaborate high level technical requirements
- Represent Roke and its technical solutions and capabilities toward client communities
- Make recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Writing technical material for competitive bids
- Complying with Roke’s policies and procedures
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Your broad technical, research and software development background will allow you to rapidly understand new systems and domains, and prototype systems based on your research. As a Senior Software Architect, you will have a degree level qualification in a STEM subject, or you will have an education and level of experience which is comparable.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience as a software architect and developer in multiple languages
- Experience of cloud architecture in private cloud, and commercial cloud systems (such as AWS, Azure or GCP), and both traditional and cloud-native services.
- Familiarity using Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience of working with in Business Development, and authoring complex bids.
- Specialisms in Cloud Security, Infrastructure as Code, Data Science or AI/ML technologies (Desirable).
- Certification in AWS or Azure(Desirable).
- Product Owner experience in large Agile projects, with SAFe certification useful(Desirable).
- Familiarity with systems engineering and enterprise architecture using TOGAF or MODAF(Desirable).
- Information Security experience or accreditation (e.g. CISSP) (Desirable).
- Knowledge of commercial and contractual frameworks (Desirable).
Why You Should Join Us
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects
- You’ll be supported in developing your existing skillset with mentoring and training
- You’ll get to work with exciting technologies
- You’ll be joining a great team, who have actively embraced hybrid working
- You’ll be able to work flexibly, from the office or from home, as necessary, with some visits to client sites
- You’ll be able to work your hours each week, flexibly to suit you.
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of BPSS clearance.