Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Roke is a respected world-class technology provider with a strong set of existing clients in the Industrial sector. Whether you are an experienced or developing engineer looking for the next step in your career this is an opportunity to use your technology background to assist our clients in creating complex systems which deliver step changes in capability.
The Industry team works regularly in the Healthcare, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, High Value Manufacturing, Information & Communications, and Rail sectors. Our customers often come to us with niche, challenging problems that matter to their business, looking for experts to develop solutions by applying their experience and knowledge in novel, creative ways. Our projects range from few-month early feasibility studies, through the entire engineering lifecycle, to multi-year support for production-grade software systems, with engineers switching between these in line with their career aspirations and development plans.
Roke is recruiting a Cloud Software Engineer who is driven by solving varied and interesting client problems. The Cloud Software Engineer will be responsible for the architecture and design of multi-disciplinary software solution over the cloud platforms.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Working as part of a cross-functional, agile delivery team to develop solutions for our customers.
- Operate flexibly and effectively as part of a hybrid distributed team.
- Research and integrate new tools, frameworks, and languages.
- Opportunities to take on Scrum Master, Product Owner and Solution Architect roles.
- Engage with the wider Roke team to contribute to Business Development and Innovation activities
- Make recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Writing technical material for competitive bids
- Complying with Roke’s policies and procedures
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Your broad technical, research and software development background will allow you to rapidly understand new systems and domains, and prototype systems based on your research. As a Software Architect, you will have a degree level qualification in a STEM subject, or you will have an education and level of experience which is comparable.
- Proven experience working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, with prior consulting experience a bonus.
- Hands on Public Cloud Skills (AWS, Asure or G Cloud) experience with knowledge of a range of services, including cloud native services,
- Manage large cloud projects for clients across multiple industry domains
- Management and deployment of containers, e.g. Docker or Kubernetes
- Agile ways of working using Scrum, Kanban and SAFe, and CI/CD
- Frontend development and UX,
- Experience and deployment of containers, e.g. Docker or Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as Code technologies, e.g. Terraform/Ansible/vagrant
- Good experience of Python, and other modern programming languages such as Java or golang
- Version control and project management using Git, GitLab, GitHub or JIRA
- Ideally the candidate will be Certified or willing to work towards certification in a public cloud technology (AWS, GCP or Azure)
Why You Should Join Us
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects
- You’ll be supported in developing your existing skillset with mentoring and training
- You’ll get to work with exciting technologies
- You’ll be joining a great team, who have actively embraced hybrid working
- You’ll be able to work flexibly, from the office or from home, as necessary, with some visits to client sites
- You’ll be able to work your hours each week, flexibly to suit you.
- We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of BPSS clearance.