Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
A rare opportunity exists to join the Commercial team in a growing and exciting business.
Roke is a technology provider to the UK Government for data science and intelligent policing; providing consultancy, engineering expertise and software solutions to meet today’s national security and policing challenges.
This role is for a Commercial/Contracts professional to join Roke’s Commercial team based in Romsey, Hampshire, to support business growth.
The role involves working closely with our business development team to expand Roke’s business supplying technology, expertise and consultancy services to the UK Government for technology enabled intelligent policing.
The role will incorporate contractual, financial and business risk management, from tendering to contract award and in-service contract management.
The ability to act and communicate with alacrity and clarity both in person and in writing and the ability to form positive personal relationships both internally with bid and delivery team colleagues as well as with external Customers is critical to success in this role.
Contract terms & conditions understanding and expertise is an expected core competency, but a proactive ‘can do’ friendly attitude is the X factor needed in this role.
- Reporting to the Head of Commercial for National Security, acting as delegated authority when necessary.
- Taking the lead on establishing Roke’s position on appropriate UK Government contracting frameworks.
- Lead on commercial aspects of bids, ensuring they are approved in line with Company policies and submitted accurately and on time;
- Analysing, quantifying and presenting the commercial and contractual risk elements of prospective bids.
- Formulating commercial aspects of Roke’s bids and proposals and submitting quotations.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contractual terms with Customers, in line with company policies.
- Liaising with Customers to convert quotations/bids into orders and maintaining regular Customer contact to ensure Customer satisfaction through diligent and accurate contract administration.
- Review and acceptance of Customer purchase orders to reconcile with the Roke quotation and sign- on to the Company order book.
- Provision of management reporting on enquiries and orders in line with the Company’s reporting cycle.
- Collation of Management Information and Financial reports to comply with Cabinet Office reporting and audit requirements.
- Provision of contractual support to all parts of the business, including advising on Confidentiality Agreements, Teaming Agreements, subcontracting and similar arrangements where appropriate.
- Maintaining, accurate commercial files with configuration control of all relevant contractual communications in line with Company policies.
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications
- Educated in a Business or Legal based discipline preferably to degree level or have equivalent industry experience.
- Existing knowledge of UK Government or Home Office contracting frameworks and mechanisms would also be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of contractual terms and conditions of doing business, with the ability to review and negotiate a variety of contract types, including large UK Government framework contracts.
- Ability to draft, negotiate and implement contracts and change requests with excellent attention to detail.
- You should be competent in the fields of contractual costing (e.g. contingencies and provisions) and financial planning (e.g. milestone planning), contractual risk management and contract negotiation.
- You should be a confident communicator and be able to interact with colleagues and customers at all levels, with presentation and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organised with the ability to maintain focus, manage priorities and deliver under pressure.
- Able to work to deadlines and have the ability to influence.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.