Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
OUR STRATEGY: PUBLIC SECTOR
We work directly with our clients to help achieve a safe and secure world by supporting the Public Sector and Law Enforcement sectors.
Public Sector is built on the three pillars of Technology, Innovation and Excellence. We are different to other companies because we focus on the “Business Unusual” and are unashamedly technically curious. Our world class innovation & technologic heritage and advanced intelligent insight enables our Consultants to deliver strategic advice, analysis, architecture and engineering capabilities to shape and deliver the most technically and business complex problems.
The ability to produce and implement robust analysis to support solutions for our customers is of primary importance for the business. Understanding the customer’s organisational strategy, in addition to business analysis and client roadmaps, are vital in helping us achieve that.
As a Technical Architect you will play a crucial role in the elicitation of customer requirements, Quality and Assurance, Benefits and User acceptance, Development of the Technical solutions specific to the relevant campaigns and support win opportunities. You will be familiar with industry standard Methodology and Artefacts and take responsibility for making sure that organisation (or project) best practices are employed and followed throughout the duration of the projects and campaigns.
Technical Architects will be expected to possess a sound level of domain knowledge, proficiency in one or more technical specialisations and demonstrable ability to co-ordinate small teams. The Technical Architects we are looking for should ideally be able to demonstrate recent knowledge of one or more of the following:
• Data Science or Data Engineering
• Cloud design/delivery experience employing AWS, Azure or Google based services
• Machine Learning/ AI
• System Architecture and Modelling
Primary Job Purpose
• As a Technical Architect, you’ll be comfortable working alongside specialist Engineers but equally capable of clearly articulating complex technical concepts in an easily understood manner to non-technical colleagues; and
• You’ll work with stakeholders at multiple levels to determine the contribution that business and IT improvements can make to achieving business objectives and, or delivering strategic technical capability; trading requirements, conducting Technical Options Appraisals, producing models, and assisting in the definition and implementation of holistic solutions.
• As a Technical Architect, you will assist seniors throughout the systems lifecycle, ensuring that solutions are aligned with the strategy and enterprise architecture.
• Aligning Technological Approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and approaches to managing dependencies and mitigation of risk
• Provide technical assistance to development teams, from assisting with development, to promoting technical best practice where appropriate. Including participation in design reviews and other quality assurance activities
• Support account and project managers in winning new work and delivering quality and assured deliverables work to clients
• Manage risks and issues by leading other team members to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Demonstrable experience in supporting technical consultancy and delivery projects ideally within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
• Knowledge of and practical experience working on projects using different delivery methodologies such as Agile and Kanban
• Experience in delivering Technical input to all stages of the Systems Lifecycle
• Able to integrate and successfully work within multi-disciplinary teams both onsite and offsite in client facing engagement
• Experience of acting as a bridge between business, technical and non-technical teams
• Familiarity with common architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF and Zachman™
• Hands-on familiarity with common modelling notations such as UML, SysML and Archimate
• Hands-on familiarity with one or more modelling tools – i.e. SparxEA, MooD, BizDesign
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and/or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.