Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy that aims to make a difference to the work we live in. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers in Industry including the Energy, Space, Automotive, Aerospace, Rail, Health and High Value Manufacturing Sectors, who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
The 4th industrial revolution of digitalisation (Industry 4.0) is transforming connectivity, automation and productivity across every major industry sector. It's also generating new cyber vulnerabilities to critical national infrastructure and business operations.
We are looking for an experienced, tenacious and self-motivated Project Manager to join our Industry Business Unit as part of a growing team. Reporting to the Industry Head of Delivery, the position will be responsible for the bid and delivery of a wide range of project work ranging from Research & Development, Product Development to Software and Solution Delivery, for various markets and high profile customers in the UK and internationally.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
• To successfully deliver projects from concept to project completion as per contractual requirements, within time scales, to quality and cost whilst delighting the customer in accordance with company processes and procedures.
• Lead the delivery of competitive and compelling bids that clearly address customer pain points and requirements in conjunction with the account and technical team.
• To develop effective relationships with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and partners, to ensure successful and collaborative project delivery
• Financial management of projects to ensure delivery against accurate financial forecasts (revenue, cash and profit) for projects using the company tools and processes
• Manage the resource requirements of the project(s) and build solid working relationships with the Resourcing function and client stakeholders.
• Create and lead effective project teams to deliver successful projects by setting clear and ambitious objectives for the team and supporting the team to achieve them.
• Experienced, capable and willing to fulfil the Project Management role in the different phases of the project lifecycle, from idea / concept to project closure.
• Work with technical teams to document and manage assumptions and dependencies to produce a project plan and maintain this plan through the life of the project
• Ensure requirements are being managed, recorded and signed off in the designated tool for the project.
• Maintain a risk register of threats and opportunities for the programme and validate contingency costs against these.
• Work with the Account team to identify opportunities for expansion and deliver against these
Education and Qualifications
• BSc. Graduate or equivalent qualification.
• APMP or PMP Qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Excellent Stakeholder Management
• Extensive experience in managing projects that range from conceptual research through to sub-system development, delivery, and support of programmes up to £5m.
• IT, Future Technology, mission critical project delivery of £5m in a structured environment in the aerospace / manufacturing from an OT perspective. Experience in Industry setting also considered.
• Able to work through complicated situations whilst maintaining communications with multiple stakeholders.
• Solid business acumen and project finance skills
• Must have a strong appreciation of technology and trends
• Must be flexible and willing to contribute where needed in the business cycle to further the team’s success.
• Pre-sale / bid delivery experience and a thorough understanding of the business lifecycle
• Proved track record of successfully delivering projects
• Demonstrable experience of building excellent relationships both internally and with key client stakeholders
• Able to operate on a deadline focussed environment