Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Public Sector and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
You will be part of a stimulating, collaborative and driven team that offers you autonomy, challenge, and strong sense of purpose. Depending on the project, there will be opportunities to demonstrate technology to customers and support customer test and acceptance.
You will be proficient in the understanding of Digital Signal Processing algorithm development in the areas of communications and/or intelligent sensing for military systems. Furthermore, be skilled in both the design, simulation, implementation and test of such algorithms
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Provide expertise in the development and implementation of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for project deliverables and contribute to bids
- Provide technical support to customer meetings
- Apply and scale engineering processes effectively
- Identify and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Experience Digital Signal Processing algorithm development in areas of wireless communications and intelligent sensing (inclusive of design, simulation, implementation & test)
- Experience of using Matlab as a simulation environment
- Experience of embedded software development
- Knowledge of using embedded hardware (e.g. the use Software Defined Radio Platforms)
- Knowledge of the military systems
- Knowledge of defence specific domains, such as Electronic Warfare, Signals Intelligence, Radar, or GNSS.
- Proficient in FPGA development
- Knowledge of OpenCPI
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.