We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to deliver a world class supply chain management and collaboration capability.
The holder will be responsible for managing Key suppliers against Roke’s product and service delivery portfolio, as well as providing SME support on behalf of the Supply Chain function for Roke bid and future contract activities.
The principles of this role are to support the Roke Supply Chain Strategy and Programmes, to develop further the capability of Supplier Relationship Management and Supplier Collaboration with strong engagement skills around Small Medium Enterprise’s (SME) and Academia.
- Hold responsibility for strategic and key supplier relationships and support the wider business to do the same
- Develop processes to support programmes in maintaining internal and external KPI’s
- Drives supplier and service rationalisation
- Control MRP and consequent materials purchasing and rescheduling working in conjunction with engineering teams and production controllers
- Ensure that contracts for strategic and key suppliers have commercial rigour, incorporate continuous improvement targets and executed in accordance with policy
- Work with the Engineering and Quality departments to ensure thorough and efficient resolutions and found in every scenario
- Ensures that the appropriate supply risk and audit activities are conducted
- Managing People: Lead a team, provide guidance and set best practice
Why We Want You
Ideally, you would have full membership of MCIPS.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- You’ll have experience of supporting bids and authoring supporting artefacts including customer facing plans and proposals
- Commercial contract management knowledge and Government Customer experience including MOD standards (eg. DEFSTAN’s and DEFCON’s)
- Demonstrable track record of developing and maintaining strong stakeholder and supplier relationships
- Strong business acumen, with a good knowledge of supplier relationship management, collaboration models and approaches or techniques necessary to achieve best in class performance
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.