Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
Given the nature of Roke’s business, personnel security and vetting play a fundamental role in our ability to deliver customer work. This not only includes administration of our vetting systems and ensuring everyone has the correct security clearance levels, but also strong links to our People and HSE directorate to ensure we are providing a full ‘personnel security’ function.
The Vetting Officer role ensures that the day to day processing and upkeep of all clearances and information is [processed within a timely manner. This critical role provides continuity for the vetting function, reporting into the Vetting Manager and sitting within the wider Corporate Services Directorate.
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- Deliver a first class Security Clearance administration process.
- Processing and recording of all Vetting applications/ Clearances for Permanent employees, contractors and associates in accordance with HMG/Authority procedures.
- Monitoring of existing clearance expiries
- To carry out aftercare to healthily maintain all types of Security Clearance
- Ensure all Vetting enquiries are recorded and actioned in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide support and advice for all types of Vetting (BPSS, SC, ESC, DV,EDV)
- Provide a first line support service to colleagues and managers
- Liaise with external agencies in the provision of Security Clearances, with adhoc travel to external parties who manage areas of the external process
- Observance of the Official Secrets Act
- Always fully comply with Roke’s policies and procedures
- To work across function with all areas of the business
- To exceed the expectations of internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
Education and Qualifications
- A Level
- You will ideally have 5 years previous expertise within any administration Role
- Experience within public sector security would be a distinct advantage for this role.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Ability to identify and escalate business risk
- Understanding of General Data Protection Regulation.
- Must be able to act in the strictest confidence when dealing with information and data
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- An ability to challenge and negotiate when confronted with problematic situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritise & deliver accurate results to tight deadlines
- An ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work in team environment whilst working on own allocated work
- Maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Provide accurate information to all stakeholders
- An understanding of Government Protectively Marked Material
- An ability to administer the Secure Vetting life cycle in accordance with HMG/Authority procedures would be desirable.
Why should you join us?
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and EDV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.