Roke are currently recruiting for sales/client management professional within their Industry Business Unit, with experience of selling technology solutions in a professional engineering services business. This is an exciting opportunity to make a big impact in a fast growing part of the Roke business.
Depending on your market experience, you will be selling our portfolio of services into one or multiple of the following target industry sectors: High Value Manufacturing, Rail, Aerospace, and Energy; applying Roke’s world leading technologies and capabilities in intelligent sensing & machine vision, data science, AI & machine learning, and cyber resilience, to solve complex client challenges.
Roke is a highly respected world-class organisation with strong existing clients in the UK private & public sector, and is growing fast. You will take the lead in creating and implementing a sales and partner development strategy to deliver further growth for the Industry business unit.
Areas of responsibility:
- Development, implementation and execution of sales growth strategies through direct and partner sales campaigns
- Identifying, building and effectively managing a number of new & existing key clients to maximise both revenue and customer value
- Managing direct and partner sales/bids/quotes in line with company governance process
- Managing and influencing direct client and partner requirements and expectations
- Manage sales and engineering interactions with partners and clients to sell Roke’s services effectively, ensure successful bids and resolve any customer issues
- Leading bids and engineering pre-sales teams to generate winning proposals to secure new business
- Achieving/exceeding allocated order targets and associated revenue targets
- Accurate pipeline management, forecasting and budgeting
- Provision of market intelligence to support, feed and actively contribute to the Roke CRM ecosystem
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Industry business unit strategy
- Work with marketing to develop lead generation and increasing brand awareness strategies
- Development of compelling client propositions that meet client/market needs
Knowledge / Experience / Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in direct sales of research consultancy, technical solutions & services, in at least one or more of the following markets: High Value Manufacturing, Rail, Aerospace, Energy.
- Expert at developing new strong client relationships at a senior levels and supporting this with detailed account development strategies and plans to increase sales volumes
- A good understanding of technology in at least one of the following domains: sensing, machine vision, AI/ML, data science, cyber resilience.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a well-rounded knowledge of direct and partner sales strategy and a drive to succeed
- Ability to quickly understand business and market challenges from the clients perspective and provide innovative solutions to meet these challenges, talking in the client’s language
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively qualify opportunities and convert to orders
- Good experience of planning and delivering winning bids in short timescales, acting as the voice of the customer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to senior management/executives, providing clarity in a complex environment.
- The ability to be effective in both local and remote matrix team leadership - taking the team with you
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to travel and on occasion stay away from home
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve BPSS clearance.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion, our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive and we can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work force and those with additional needs.