This role would suit an experienced Cyber Security professional looking for a role that will provide the following challenges.
- The opportunity to build your team and lead it.
- Work in a tech-agnostic environment with exposure to a broad range technologies which will enhance and broaden your existing expertise.
- Lead a variety of projects across multiple sectors that will provide interesting technical challenges for you and your team.
- You will be Client facing with a consultative approach to solutions.
- You will be the leading Industry business unit representative within Roke’s wider Cyber community who are recognised as being among the leading in their field.
Sound interesting? Please view the role profile below
The Industry team works regularly in the Healthcare, Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, High Value Manufacturing, Information & Communications, and Rail sectors. Roke clients come to us with niche, challenging problems that matter to their business, looking for experts to develop solutions by applying their experience and knowledge in novel, creative ways.
Our projects range from early feasibility studies, through the entire engineering lifecycle, to multi-year support for production-grade software systems, with engineers switching between these in line with their career aspirations and development plans.
We are expanding our existing capability in Cyber Security within the Industry team, this team will growth significantly within the next 12 months through recruitment and training of junior engineers.
The successful candidates will be working alongside Roke’s high-profile clients to help them engineer bespoke, highly-secure yet agile embedded solutions within complex environments with the aim of protecting products and systems from potential threats.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Architecture design and assurance for complex systems that are highly resilient to cyber threats
- Leading a multi-disciplined cyber team
- Architecture modelling and oversight of technical design studies
- Investigating how emerging technologies can be utilised to increase both agility and security
- Frequent engagement with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Make recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Writing technical material for competitive bids
Applicants should evidence the following skills and experience
- Line Manager or Team Lead experience
- Have a recognised Cyber Security qualification such as NCSC Certified Cyber Professional (CCP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Multi-sector experience
- Have the ability to understand, adapt and architect complex systems
- Experience of high assurance systems
- Comfortable in a client facing role, presenting, influencing and acting as a technical lead.
Additional points of interest
- Roke offers Flexi-time and Hybrid working 60% work from home & 40% office based
- This role can be based from our Romsey HQ or Gloucester office
Roke have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.