Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
Continuing to delight our customers is essential, and so the maintenance of very high-levels of delivery confidence and performance is a critical business function. Likewise,
Roke has a direct responsibility to deliver consistently high-levels of financial performance into its parent organisation, Chemring. Fully understanding the governing contracts and delivering them confidently and robustly underpins this mission.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
We have an exciting and engaging position for a PMO Manager to join the P3M function, within our Defence Business Operations team.
As part of the PMO team, you will be an integral part of driving the balance between the needs of the customer and delivering strong financial and delivery performance for the Business Unit (BU). You will achieve this by simplifying and standardising business processes; improving the accuracy and predictability of forecasts; increasing the responsiveness of operations to an ever changing commercial landscape; and applying the relevant controls to ensure consistently successful delivery.
In the PMO Manager role, you will be directly responsible for leading and directing a team of PMO Analysts and Administrators to deliver a professional P3O service. You will achieve this by working closely with your team, BU Delivery Leadership, Client Management, Business Operations, and other Delivery Management Teams to agree scope and develop continuously reviewed solutions.
The primary job purpose is:
- To ensure business success through the provision of value add services to functions which exist within the Business Unit;
- Improve business performance by identifying and consolidating internal processes and maintaining defined business rhythms and support business change;
- To provide a ‘Front door’ for knowledge & Information, general guidance and operations within the Business Unit
- Support decision making through the provision of accurate and timely Management Information to BU Leadership and other internal functions;
- Ensure the BU is adhering to company policy and process through compliance analysis and corrective actions.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To agree the scope of PMO services and develop these services to drive efficiency and meet agreed business requirements.
- To be accountable for the provision of all PMO services within the agreed scope (likely to include, planning, financials, resource management, risk and issue management, reporting, governance, and method compliance) whilst delegating responsibility across the PMO team to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- Promote and nurture a culture that motivates and inspires excellent collective and individual P3M performance, embraces change and that delivers continuous improvement; initiating and leading change and continuous improvement programmes.
- Drive the identification, recruitment, development deployment and reassignment of P3M resources.
- Undertake the role of custodian for the local P3M standards and their continuous improvement; maintain a centralised repository for project management knowledge, templates, and local practices.
- Design, implement and support effective P3M tools. Maintain a centralised repository for status reports, work plans, proposals, change requests, etc. and ensure timely updates and performance reporting process.
- Developing reporting frameworks, utilising thoughtful user-focused design to produce consistent P3M reports that are simple to complete and provide easily digestible data, visualisations, analysis and insights to senior leaders and sponsors, to enable effective decisions / actions to be taken.
- Establish and maintain governance for delivery, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with corporate governance practice.
- Conduct pro-active health checks and reviews; support project teams with implementing findings and recommendations. Escalate and address non-conformance issues proportionately to their impact and the needs of the business.
Why We Want You
Education and Qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or experience required
- Appropriate P3M qualifications (P3O, APM, MoP, MSP, Prince2) would be desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proactive approach and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders - Essential
- Experience of leadership within a busy PMO or Project Delivery environment – Desirable
- Minimum of 5 years’ P3M experience in customer facing organisations, preferably with experience of delivering complex frameworks and programmes – Desirable
- Experience of business process design and implementation – Desirable
- Information and Data Management experience – Desirable
- Data analysis experience – Desirable
- Exposure to continuous improvement programmes - Desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Power suite - Preferred
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.
For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.